Friday, December 12, 2014

A Very Classic Cinema Christmas

Everybody knows a turkey and some classic films help to make the season bright...

What's your favorite classic Christmas movie(s) and why?



I'd like to take this moment as an opportunity to test and see if anyone will ever actually comment on my blog. According to site traffic statistics, there's plenty of readers and yet still no comments yet!
Aww come on, fellow classic movie fans...
Don't be a stranger! ;-)
I'd love to hear from you. I will never criticize your opinions, even if I don't entirely agree with them.
And if that dosen't make it any easier, I'm also allowing a broad spectrum response for this particular question.
The film(s) don't even necessarily have to be entirely Christmasy themed! Just as long as it contains at least one scene involving a Christmas time or winter setting, it's enough to be considered a "Christmas movie", in my opinion.
(Take "An Affair To Remember" and "The Last Time I Saw Paris" as examples.) Even Christmas themed episodes of classic television and radio shows are acceptable!
 (Examples: "Father Knows Best", "Lassie")

I have no idea why "The Singing Nun" (1965) is often put into the holiday category though!
But it's not a bad movie (there is no such thing as a bad classic movie, in my opinion!)
And I have a fondness for watching 1943's saccharine sentimental melodrama "The Song Of Bernadette" around December, although it isn't significantly Christmas themed either... so whatever!


                                                    *~*~*~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~*~*~*

2 comments:

  1. Watching a good old' heartwarming film whether on a special occasion or ordinary day is guaranteed to automatically lift up your mood. It's the best antidepressant available on the market for no cost. Not to mention it's also risk free with zero side effects other than possibly becoming addicted. Now how many "movies" (it should be obvious why I use quotation marks) out there today carry that charm? I can hear the awkward silence and crickets chirping already... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's somewhat funny how I (the sole writer of this blog) am the only commenter on it so far. Hopefully I'm not the only reader too, and all the views were actually just by myself... That would be even more hilarious!

    ReplyDelete